HFSRB Rule Changes Section 1130
December 2, 2016
On Oct. 28, 2016, the Health Facilities and Services Review Board (HFSRB) posted final rules making several changes to Section 1130, including implementing Public Act 99-154. These rule changes cover the following topics:
- Permitting process for changes of ownership among related persons
- Applications to close healthcare facilities or to discontinue a category of service
- Expansion of facilities subject to the Certificate of Need process
- Clarifications to rules on written notifications
- Extension of the financial commitment period
- Updating the capital expenditure minimum
IHA raised concerns in a comment letter during the rulemaking process. The final rule reflects our recommendations, preventing the doubling of fees in the exemption process and ensuring that Certificates of Exemption remain in place for the expansion of a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
For additional information about these changes, see our full summary.