IHA Federal Advocacy Day & AHA Annual Membership Meeting
Date: May 07, 2018
Time: 4:15 PM
The Washington Hilton
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
The American Hospital Association (AHA) will hold its Annual Membership Meeting in Washington, D.C. May 6-9. This meeting provides a national forum for healthcare leaders to join their colleagues from across the nation to engage in discussions on how to shape the future of healthcare in our nation. IHA will be hosting a series of events designed to help hospital and health system leaders engage with members of the Illinois Congressional delegation, key Congressional staff and healthcare leaders from other states.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration may only be completed online and there is no charge for IHA registration. Registration for IHA is separate from registration for the AHA meetings and events.
The following is an overview of IHA activities for the 2018 meeting.
- IHA Member Briefing, Monday, May 7, 4:15 p.m.-5:15 p.m., Washington Hilton: IHA member briefing on federal advocacy priorities and key messages for the May 8 Federal Advocacy Day.
- IHA Member Dinner, Monday, May 7, 6 p.m., Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, 1801 Connecticut Ave., NW.
- Federal Advocacy Day, Tuesday, May 8: Join your colleagues from across the state as we meet with the Illinois Congressional Delegation to discuss the future of healthcare. IHA will arrange meetings upon request.
- Bi-partisan, Bi-cameral Congressional Staff Panel, Tuesday, May 8, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., United States Capitol Visitor Center, Congressional Meeting Room North: Join IHA and your colleagues from California, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania as we hear from key Congressional staff on legislative initiatives and political landscape in Congress.
- Multi-state Reception on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, May 8, 5 p.m.-7p.m., Kennedy Caucus Room, 325 Russell Senate Office Building: Join your fellow hospital executives from California, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania for a hosted reception on Capitol Hill. Illinois delegation members and staff will be invited to attend the reception.