IHA Leadership Webinars Kick Off June 25
June 9, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic brought new challenges for hospital and health system leaders in Illinois. Bolster your post-pandemic strategy by attending Leadership and Resiliency: Navigating Through and Beyond COVID-19, IHA's complimentary six-part webinar series—part of programming to replace this year's canceled in-person Leadership Summit.
The expert-led webinar series kicks off on June 25 with “Bite-Size Coping During Times of Uncertainty," led by John Bryan Sexton, PhD. Sexton will focus on emotional exhaustion among healthcare workers during COVID-19. He is a longstanding advocate of restoring joy in the workplace, which can improve patient satisfaction and workplace relationships while reducing medication errors, and depression and suicide. An expert in psychology and resilience, Sexton directs the Duke Center for Healthcare Safety and Quality at Duke University in North Carolina.
The series continues throughout the summer with:
- “COVID-19: What's Next and How to Plan" on July 9;
- “The Post-COVID Healthcare Landscape: Implications for Strategy" on July 23;
- “How Hospitals and Health Systems Can Lead a 'Quiet Revolution' for Healing During a Pandemic" on Aug. 6;
- “When Good Intentions Aren't Good Enough: How Unconscious Bias Harms Patients Amid COVID-19" on Aug. 20; and
- “The New Healthcare Ecosystem" on Sept. 3.
All webinars are from noon to 1 p.m. For the full agenda and information on continuing education credits, see our registration page. Register today.