Aug. 13, 2020
How will the federal government investigate healthcare fraud amid COVID-19? What do hospital and health systems need to know about the False Claims Act and qui tam liability? Get answers at “COVID-19: Health Care Fraud Town Hall," an Aug. 20 IHA webinar (from 2 to 4 p.m.) co-hosted with health and hospital associations from across the country.
Representatives from the U.S. Dept. of Justice and attorneys general offices will explore:
- Enforcement surrounding CARES Act funding, including the Provider Relief Fund and Paycheck Protection Program loans;
- The False Claims Act and qui tam liability;
- Impacts of COVID-19 on government investigations;
- The Defense Production Act, price gouging and hoarding; and
- Other enforcement trends during the pandemic.
General counsel, risk managers, and staff in compliance and government relations are encouraged to attend. You will have the chance to participate in a question-and-answer session with Ethan Davis, Acting Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division, U.S. Dept. of Justice, Linda Wawzenski, Deputy Chief of the Civil Division, Northern District of Illinois, and four other U.S. Attorneys.
Stay informed on the evolving legal implications of the pandemic. Register today.