November 20, 2020
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) issued a notice with additional information regarding the state’s vaccination plan via SIREN late Thursday evening.
The Illinois Comprehensive Automated Immunization Registry Exchange (I-CARE Registry) is required as the online ordering system for the COVID-19 vaccination. Many hospitals are already registered in I-CARE (for ordering and tracking of vaccines in the Vaccines for Children Program).
URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: Facilities that are already registered in I-CARE should immediately complete the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement, Provider Redistribution Agreement, and training module -- all within the I-CARE system. Hospitals that are not registered in I-CARE should enroll now (web portal registration).
IDPH asks hospitals to enroll in I-CARE and complete the Provider and Redistribution agreements by November 30. Hospitals that have not completed the enrollment process and signed the agreements will be unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Key features within ICARE include:
- Calculation of immunization due dates.
- Automatic population and printing options for the school physical exam form and patient immunization history report.
- Reminder/Recall feature to track and notify patients of due dates.
- Ability to provide vaccine inventory to track vaccine usage by lot number.
- Ability to record patient contraindications, adverse reactions, or immunities.
- Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) module containing VIS forms for printing, distribution, and tracking.
Sites that are not registered for ICARE should use this decision tree to determine ICARE eligibility.
If you have I-CARE specific questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you have other questions or comments, please contact IHA.