Illinois Health and Hospital Association
Effective November 18, 2020
The Illinois Health and Hospital Association (“IHA”) is a trade association for Illinois hospitals (its “Members”). IHA is committed to protecting the privacy of Members and their staff and public users (collectively “Visitors”) of IHA’s websites, including team-iha.org, ipcgrouppurchasing.com, alliance4ptsafety.org, ihainsurancesolutions.com, and compdatainfo.com (collectively the “Websites”).
The term “Affiliated Entities” as used herein means any other entity that is now or hereafter, directly or indirectly, owned or controlled by, controlling, or under common ownership or control with, managed by, under an affiliation contract (such as a joint venture or partnership) with IHA or any other Affiliated Entity.
IHA collects information from several sources, including, but not limited to, membership enrollment, conference, webinar, distance learning, and other event registration, Website visits, newsletter subscriptions, and product sales. The information collected depends on how you choose to use IHA’s services and Websites, as detailed below:
IHA does not use session cookies, which are cookies that are deleted when you leave an IHA Website, or persistent cookies, which are cookies that remain after you leave an IHA Website so that you are recognized when you return.
IHA, through Google, may collect or store the following Visitor information:
- The name of the domain and host from which the Visitor accesses the internet (e.g., google.com);
- The internet protocol (“IP”) address of the computer used by the Visitor;
- The name of the browser software and operating system used by the Visitor;
- The date and time of Visitor’s access to an IHA Website; or
- The internet address of the website from which the Visitor linked directly to an IHA Website.
IHA does not use this tool to collect or store your personal information, and it cannot be used to identify who you are. IHA may share, without restriction, the information collected by Google Analytics.
IHA may use the information collected by Google to:
- Administer the Websites;
- Better manage content;
- Improve Visitor experience on IHA Websites and/or delivery of IHA Website webpages to Visitors;
- Help diagnose problems with IHA’s web servers;
- Analyze trends;
- Investigate security incidents;
- Gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for IHA to improve the Websites;
- Deliver customized content;
- Track Visitor’s movement; and
- Conduct web traffic analyses through which IHA tracks statistics, such as which pages are visited in what order, where Visitors come from, how long Visitors spend on the Websites, and which sections of the Websites receive the most Visitors.
Information You Provide IHA
In some situations, you may provide your information to IHA (or an Affiliated Entity) through an IHA Website. Depending upon your relationship with IHA, IHA may request or require you to create an account to obtain certain services, including, but not limited to:
- Biographical information such as your name;
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, phone number, and fax number;
- Professional information such as your job title, position, professional title, and information about your company or business; and
- Credit card or debit card information including payment card number.
Examples of when you might provide us with your personal data, include, but are not limited to, when you:
- Register for a user profile to access the “Members Only” portion of the IHA Website;
- Register to attend an IHA or Affiliated Entity event;
- Make a contribution to the IHA Political Action Committee (“IHA PAC”);
- Make a purchase from IHA;
- Submit a contact form on an IHA Website;
- Complete a survey or questionnaire that IHA sent you or invited you to complete;
- Subscribe to email notifications or newsletters; or
- Contact us by any other means, such as phone or email.
How IHA Uses Your Information
How and Why IHA Uses Your Personal Information
IHA may use your personal information to:
- Respond to your inquiries, requests for access to certain portions of the Websites, and/or other requests or questions;
- Create a member profile account;
- Determine whether you are entitled to access the Members Only portion of the IHA Website;
- Facilitate your registration and participation in events and/or purchase of products or services, including, but not limited to, the use of addresses for shipping and credit card information for payment;
- Contact you regarding your registration and/or purchase, including, but not limited to, sending you information and updates related to your purchase or sending a confirmation email;
- Collect payments from you and send you invoices;
- Deliver products or services purchased through an IHA Website or over the phone;
- Send you marketing communications related to products and services that IHA or an Affiliated Entity think may be of interest to you, including, but not limited to, recommending products;
- Collect online donations or IHA PAC contributions;
- Compile (either hardcopy or electronic) a membership directory, list of persons registered to attend to an event, or IHA PAC contributors, which may be shared with third parties, including, but not limited to, other members within a group;
- Send you email notifications or newsletters which you have specifically requested;
- Send you email messages containing company news and product or service information;
- Administer and monitor usage of Websites;
- Investigate and mediate disputes and complaints you file;
- Enforce IHA and Affiliated Entity copyrights, tradenames, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features or legal rights;
- Comply with the Illinois State Board of Elections reporting requirements;
- Carry out internal operations; and
- Assist and/or carry out legal compliance, including, but not limited to, responding to a subpoena.
IHA may also use your personal information for other purposes that are compatible with these purposes listed above and/or as otherwise specified at the time of collection. IHA may combine the information collected from you or by Google Analytics with information collected from your use of other IHA services, collected by IHA affiliated or sponsored organizations, or obtained from third parties. The combined information may be used for purposes that are compatible with the purposes set forth herein.
Some or all of the information IHA collects form you as part of registrations for accounts, membership, events, or certain productions may be maintained in a user account. Copies of data or information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of a Website.
Disclosure of Your Data
- To Affiliated Entities, joint venture partners, and third parties that are affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by IHA or an Affiliated Entity;
- To the extent required by law;
- To respond to governmental official, law enforcement, or private party requests which required by applicable laws, court orders, warrants, subpoenas (whether civil, criminal, or administrative), or governmental regulations;
- In situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person;
- As necessary for legal compliance purposes or to enforce IHA’s or Affiliated Entities’ rights in connection with the Websites;
- If IHA or an Affiliated Entity sells or transfers all or a portion of a respective company’s business interest, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change;
- To IHA’s and/or Affiliated Entity’s vendors and contractors if necessary in order to provide you with a service and/or product and/or to administer the Websites;
- As specified at the time of collection (e.g., as described in survey materials); and
- To third parties in connection with the transaction (e.g., a list of registrants provided with program materials).
IHA may use third party vendors to perform certain services on IHA’s behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting the Websites and/or IHA’s email server, processing your payments, maintaining, enhancing, or adding functionality to a Website, operating Website features, fulfilling and processing orders, collecting web analytics data, and enabling IHA to send you emails. IHA may share your personal information with these third party vendors solely to enable them to perform such services for IHA. IHA requires that those third party vendors maintain at least the same level of protection that IHA maintains for such data. Some vendors may process your data outside of the United States.
IHA is not responsible for the processing of your personal information or any of your personal information by any third party except those third parties acting as IHA’s subcontractors to process the data on IHA’s behalf.
How to Change or Update Your Information
IHA has implemented and maintains commercially reasonable, generally accepted industry security standards to protect against unauthorized access by third parties to the information transmitted or provided to IHA via the internet or otherwise. Data transmission over the internet is never one hundred percent secure; IHA cannot guarantee the security of any data or personal information you transmit or provide to IHA or from IHA’s Websites; therefore, you use the Websites and you communicate with IHA at your own risk.
If you have a user account through a Website, you are responsible for protecting the security of your username and password. You are responsible for any transaction made using your username and password.
All credit card data, passwords, and contact forms you submit via a Website are encrypted prior to transit over the internet using Transport Layer Security (formerly known as “SSL”).
Links to Other Websites
The Websites contain links to third party content and websites that IHA does not control. This includes links to clients, sponsors, and partners. In addition, IHA and Affiliated Entities may maintain a presence on third party websites, such as Facebook® or LinkedIn®. If you click on these links and/or choose to access the third party websites, those third parties may use, view, edit, or set their own cookies to collect your data and you are subject to the privacy notice of such third parties websites. You should read the third parties’ privacy notices to learn how they will collect and use your data as their policies may differ from IHA’s and will apply to your use of their websites. IHA is not responsible for the privacy notice, policies, or practices or the content of third party websites, nor is IHA or any Affiliated Entity responsible for any third party website’s collection or protection of your data or your personal information.
Privacy of Children
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act governs the online collection of personal information from children less than 13 years of age. IHA’s Websites are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13. While IHA does not typically know the age of Visitors, IHA does not knowingly solicit or collect or allow anyone under the age of 18 to provide personal information to IHA. IHA does not knowingly market its products or services to any children. If IHA becomes aware that it has inadvertently received the personal information of a Visitor under the age of 18, it will undertake all reasonable effects to delete this information.
If for any reason, IHA would like to use or disclose your information for substantially different purposes other than those outlined at the time the information was originally collected, IHA will affirmatively request permission from you to use such information for those substantially different purposes prior to using or disclosing the information.
Illinois Health and Hospital Association
Attn: Privacy Officer
1151 E Warrenville Road
Naperville, IL 60566
You may also contact IHA’s Website administrator (a) by U.S. postal mail at the same mailing address listed above for the Privacy Officer, (b) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or (c) by calling 630-276-5400.
IHA will respond to your complaint, dispute, question, or other inquiry within thirty (30) days of receipt.