Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Illinois is at a crossroads in the fight against COVID-19: Cases are surging in all areas of the state. But you can help turn this around: Wear a mask. Watch your distance. Wash your hands.
Don’t let your guard down. Defeating COVID-19 requires a team effort. We all have a part to play! Mask up for yourself, your loved ones, your friends and your community.
Masks are an effective tool in preventing the spread of COVID-19. They serve as a barrier for respiratory droplets so you don’t get the virus or give it to someone else.
A mask may seem inconvenient, but think of all it can do:
- Protect yourself and your family
- Keep healthcare workers healthy so they can enjoy their holidays and better take care of you
- Protect first responders and essential workers
- Keep kids in school
- Allow businesses to stay open
See IHA’s Nov. 13 press release—With COVID Spiking Statewide, Hospitals, Doctors and Nurses Plead: “Don’t Let Your Guard Down. Keep Your Mask Up.”
Supporting Our Heroes
Nurses, doctors and hospital staff are working tirelessly to care for patients during this pandemic. How else can we support them in this difficult time?
- Get a flu shot to avoid overwhelming hospitals
- Limit indoor social gatherings
- Work from home if possible
- Keep your holiday celebrations small
- Avoid crowds